Ph.D., Biochemistry, Indiana University-Bloomington (2018)
B.S., Chemistry, National Taiwan University
- Fluorogenic d-amino acids enable real-time monitoring of peptidoglycan biosynthesis and high-throughput transpeptidation assays. Nature Chemistry 2019.
- Imaging Bacterial Cell Wall Biosynthesis. Annu. Rev. Biochem 2018, 87, 991-1014.
- Full color palette of fluorescent D-amino acid for in situ labeling of bacterial cell wall. Chemical Science 2017, 8, 6313-6321.
- Treadmilling by FtsZ Filaments Drives Peptidoglycan Synthesis and Bacterial Cell Division. Science 2017, 355, 739-743.
- Method for visualization of peptidoglycan biosynthesis. In Methods in Microbiology Academic Press: 2016; Vol. 43, pp 3-48.
- Pathogenic Chlamydia lack a ‘classical’ sacculus but synthesize a narrow, midcell peptidoglycan ring, regulated by MreB, for cell division. PLOS Pathogens 2016, 12, e1005590.
- Gold/Phospholipid Nanoconstructs as Label-free Optical Probes for Evaluation Phospholipase A2 Activity. Biosens. Bioelectron. 2014, 52, 202-208.
Honors and Distinctions
- McCormick Science Grant, College of Art and Science, IUB, USA (2018)
- Travel Award, College of Art and Science, IUB, USA (2017)
- Invited Speaker at The Great Wall Symposium, International conference, Portugal (2017)
- Outstanding Graduate Research Award, Department of Biochemistry, IUB, USA (2017)
- Walter Konetzka Fellowship, Department of Biology, IUB, USA (2017)
- Poster Presentation Prize, 5th Microbiology retreat symposium, IUB. USA (2016)
- Peglow Award, Department of Biochemistry, IUB, (2015)
- Poster Presentation Prize, 4th Microbiology retreat symposium, IUB. USA (2015)
- Poster Presentation Prize, NOBCChE 6th Annual Research Symposium, IUB, USA (2014)