M.Sc. Organic Chemistry – Brock University (2015)
B.Sc. Chemistry (Honors) – Allegheny College (2013)
Synthesis and investigation into the mode of action of various macrocyclic peptide antibiotics and the synthesis of novel fluorophores
- Fluorogenic d-amino acids enable real-time monitoring of peptidoglycan biosynthesis and high-throughput transpeptidation assays. Nature Chemistry 2019.
- Chemoenzymatic Synthesis of Advanced Intermediates for Formal Total Syntheses of Tetrodotoxin. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 10994-10998.
- Full color palette of fluorescent D-amino acids for in situ labeling of bacterial cell walls. Sci. 2017, 8, 6313-6321.
- A Formal Approach to Xylosmin and Flacourtosides E and F: Chemoenzymatic Total Synthesis of the Hydroxylated Cyclohexenone Carboxylic Acid Moiety of Xylosmin. Lett. 2017, 19, 1156-1159.
- Rosmarinic Acid, a Rosemary Extract Polyphenol, Increases Skeletal Muscle Cell Glucose Uptake and Activates AMPK. Molecules 2017, 22, 1669.
- Carnosic acid as a component of rosemary extract stimulates skeletal muscle cell glucose uptake via AMPK activation. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology 2017, 44, 94–102.
- Patent: US 9475823 B2 “Methods for the Preparation of Hydromorphone.”
- Conversion of Thebaine to Oripavine and Other Useful Intermediates for the Semi-synthesis of Opiate-Derived Agents. Synthesis of Hydromorphone. Synth. Catal. 2014, 356, 2679-2687.